Thank you for signing up!
Chamomile's Nice, but Passionflower May Be Better
Herbal teas are more than a gentle alternative to English Breakfast or the all-mighty green variety. When prepared with quality herbs they have a fresh flavor that surpasses the average cup of Red Zinger and they can also provide relief from a variety of ailments.
- Lemon balm helps to reduce tension and anxiety.
- Passionflower is a natural sedative. It can help insomnia, especially if brought on by anxiety or nervousness.
- Peppermint is famous for its ability to fight queasiness, nausea and vomiting. Only peppermint has this power. For stomach problems steer clear of spearmint, wintergreen, etc.
- Rosemary helps treat stress headaches by keeping blood vessels dilated.
- Sage may help sore throats and boost the immune system. It has also been linked to reduction of night sweats.
- Thyme relaxes the bronchial spasms that trigger coughs.
Not interested in DYI tea? Yogi Tea has a big selection of healing teas with clear ingredient lists. Yogi's herb glossary is one of my favorite herb resources.