Thank you for signing up!
7 Inspiring Resolutions by Spiritual Leaders
We asked some of today’s most celebrated spiritual leaders what they resolve to do this year, and oddly enough, losing those stubborn last 10 lbs. never came up. Instead they provided some inspiring ways to shift our thoughts and reshape our world.
"When you have the choice to be right or to be kind, always pick kind."
– Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, author and star of the film Ambition to Meaning.
“I think in terms of intentions. My intention is to contribute as constructively as I can to the emergence of the Universal Human — a humanity whose people are beyond nation, religion, culture, sex, race and economic circumstance; who are citizens of the universe; and whose allegiance is to life first and all else second. You can help change the world by changing your personal dream — it begins with you. I resolve to keep enjoying life, take care of my children and respect all the events that happen around me.”
– Don Miguel Ruiz, Toltec Shaman and author of the New York Times bestselling book The Four Agreements
“For hundreds of years our worldview has been shaped by a scientific story describing isolated beings competing for survival on a lonely planet in an indifferent universe. For 2009, I intend to explore the enormous implications of the new scientific story unfolding, which shows that at the subatomic level, we are not alone, but are part of a vast quantum web of connection and evolution. To be true to ourselves and our most fundamental nature, we must remake our world anew.
– Lynne McTaggart, author of The Intention Experiment
“In the New Year I resolve, as I always resolve, to serve and serve, to give and give with every minute and every moment, with every breath of my life. I resolve to continue to pray, work and live so that peace and joy may come to all beings upon this Earth and to Mother Earth herself! New beginnings are not only at the New Year on January 1st. Every day when we wake and see the sun shining, it is a new beginning and we must take our resolutions again, as we inhale the fresh morning air.”
– His Holiness Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, president and spiritual head of Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh, India (parmarth.com), founder/chairman, India Heritage Research Foundation (ihrf.com)
“The best way to go into the New Year is with the deepest gratitude and gratefulness that you've ever had. That will bring peace to your heart; peace to your families, your homes; and peace to the world. Gratefulness is the answer.”
– Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, world-renown Kundalini yoga teacher
“My New Year’s resolution is to not be seduced by negative emotions such as fear or worry. I want to transform fear with courage and worry with inner calm so I can "be the change" that I want to create.”
– Judith Orloff, author of Emotional Freedom
“To love God and mankind more and more deeply.”
– Swami Kriyananda, direct disciple of the yogi Paramahansa Yogananda and founder of Ananda
Republished courtesy of Whole Life Times